Friday, March 02, 2007

Three cool things I've learned in the last 24 hours or so:

1) I am going to Praia twice this month. In addition to IST (which should actually happen this time), I was just told yesterday that I'm going in for a workshop in a couple weeks. It's Peace Corps related but I didn't catch all the details. Someone from each technical sector in Community Development will be there, and I'm holding down IT apparently.

2) We have an ice cream store in Sal Rei now. To those of you blessed with a constant supply of ice cream, just go die. HA, just kidding. But you may not understand what this means. We had ice cream before, but only a couple flavors, and it was expensive and only available in a restaurant. But now we have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, coffee, hazelnut, apple, and lemon sorbet. I also feel I should bring up a point I have made before: I haven't been a junk food person since probably elementary school (excluding the occasional case of the munchies in college). But this place has turned me around. I buy Ruffles like there's no tomorrow, eat chocolate whenever it's available, and now there's ice cream, too. I even drink Coke. Without rum. And still losing weight...

3) We are going to have a watersports championship on Boa Vista. I spoke with François the other day to proofread some stuff in English he had written up, and some of it was about this competition. It will consist of 4 weekends, with the sports chosen based on best conditions. So there will be surfing, bodyboarding, windsurfing, kitesurfing, and boat races. I might actually enter in the windsurf slalom and perhaps freestyle as well. Not that I'll win, but it'll be fun. In any event, I am going to help out with it and see if I can get the CEJ involved as well.

That is all.

No comments: