Monday, July 14, 2008

Things I am going to eat in the next couple months

In no particular order...
  • A huge beef burrito at Los Amigos in Elk Point
  • Grilled hot dog
  • Grilled steak, medium rare
  • Mountains of sushi
  • Pizza at Pepe's - this will happen multiple times
  • A napalm burger: it may be off the menu at Eli's, but they will make me one anyway. Or else.
  • Everything on the menu at Typhoon
  • All my favorite beers, including Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, Anchor Porter, Guinness, Boulevard Wheat, Sam Summer, Sierra Nevada Pale, and so many more than my brain is racing to come up with names and flavors
  • At least one fancypants meal in Sonoma with Lennon and Rebecca
  • Buffalo wings
  • Fajitas
  • Something obscenely delicious that my sister will make that I will not be able to predict and couldn't come up with on my own in 150 years
  • SALAD
  • Piles of fresh fruit
  • Delicious South Dakota corn with butter and salt
  • My dad's caramelized onion and goat cheese pizza, featuring my mother's homemade goat cheese - my family is ridiculous(ly awesome)
  • Terrible faux Chinese food
  • Deli sandwiches - I have been craving these for MONTHS. Especially a reuben. And I could go for a Bob's Cardiac Attack from Neon Deli (hot pastrami, provolone and mayo on a buttered toasted roll). And a classic Virginia ham and gouda cheese with honey mustard.
  • My mom's preserved lemon and garlic pasta
  • A meatball grinder with provolone and hot peppers

I gotta stop making this list, not because I'm out of food items, because it's killing me inside. I am in my last month of service officially. Unfortunately, I had an awesome weekend yet again, and I really don't want to leave. Shit.

No comments: